Tomato soup is an excellent way to get a good dose of lycopene! (I wrote about lycopene and the benefits last week) But tomatoes aren't the only ingredient that will be doing wonders for your health. Coconut oil has its own list of health benefits ranging from its antimicrobial effects to helping increase good cholesterol. Garlic too has its own extensive list of benefits which i will write about it more detail in my next blog.
6 cloves garlic
1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
pinch of himalayan sea salt
Pre heat oven to 180degrees
- Chop tomatoes in half and add to a baking tray
- Peel garlic cloves and add to baking tray
- Melt the coconut oil and pour over the tomatoes and garlic
- Bake in the oven for 20-30minutes
- Once removed from the oven, add to a bowl and use a hand held blender to blend into a delicious thick soup.
- Add a pinch of salt and any other favourite toppings - Enjoy!
This recipe can be doubled (even tripled) and frozen for a quick healthy lunch or dinner.