Homemade Basil Pesto
- Basil leaves - 1 handful
- Almonds 1- handful
- Olive oil - 3 - 4 tablespoons
- salt - to flavour
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Parmesan cheese - 1 handful grated
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend. You might need to stop and shake all the ingredients down and blend again as it is quite a thick paste.
Note - if you make extra like I always do - Use an ice cube tray to store it in the freezer. This way the pesto will be able to be stored for longer.
Macronutrients per a tablespoon below. I would suggest using a teaspoon amount to flavour your meal. It goes very well with a courgette dish I make which I will be posted during this month. Great if you are following a low carb diet.
- Habits - good and bad The definition of HABIT - a settled or regular tendency or practice especially one that is hard to give up. A lot of the time when i meet a client for nutrition consultation and have a look at their food diary i can straight away see what needs to b
- Krystina's Weekly Tip Start your day off with a warm glass of water and table spoon of apple cider vinegar "the mother"
- Weekly Tip: Overnight Oats Quick and simple breakfast that you can prepare the night before.
- Weekly Tip: Propolis As the temperatures start to drop and we wave goodbye to summer this couldn't be a better time to start supplementing with Propolis.