Margarine vs Butter
Margarine and butter have similar uses (baking ingredient, spreading on bread or toast) and they are similar in colour - but thats pretty much where it ends. Butter is made from churning cream and margarine is made from heavily processed vegetable oils that have been chemically altered.
Butter and margarine both have the benefits and disadvantages which I will list below.
- Margarine is made up of polyunsaturated fatty acids - which are omega-6 fatty acids. Although we need omega-6 fatty acids it’s better to get them from unprocessed sources such as nuts, seeds and eggs.
- Margarine is a cheaper option if you are on a budget, and although lower in essential nutrients it does contain contain some fat soluble vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin E
- Grass fed butter is rich in nutrients and contains vitamin K2 which contributes to healthy bones by breaking down calcium in our blood and activating a mineral that helps the calcium bond to our bones.
- Butter contains omega-3 fatty acids, but is mostly made up of saturated fat, so we need to limit the amount we use.
- When choosing a butter alway make sure you go for a grass fed organic option to get the most nutrients from it. And when choosing a margarine make sure it is free of hydrogenated fats.
baobab blueberries nut milk lindeed coconut oil cinnamon calorie broccoli asparagus habit food nuts activate linseed honey water retention waterfall drinking caffine frappuccino vanilla coconut water oil medium-chain fatty acid applecider vinegar health wellness nutrition fatloss fitfam apple weeklytip fsc healthy weightloss top results overnightoats quick easy simple breakfast planahead delicious oats chiaseeds breakfastideas iifym macros carbs fats pt firlife fitness healthyeating basilpesto modemade natural greens easyrecipe icecubes sauces almond yum instafood instadaily lowcarb tasty bee beehealth propolis winter cold immune boost happy endofsummer uk tip nutrients vitamins supplements rock salt recipe cabbage sauerkrout snack goals fruit goodhabits onthego body build nutbutter homemade goodfats fitfood personaltrainer nutribullet protein summertimevitamins vitamind sun sunshine asthma strongbones fightcancer instagood blog blogger fscsupplements training workhard oralhealth bees coldbuster immunity sweets coldseason antifungal antiviral lozenges raw vegan chocolate cacao veganchocolaterecipe treat delecious foodporn dessert yummy macronutrient keto ketogenic avocado mct bulletproof fit gym weight #siberianginseng ginseng picoftheday chronicfatigue fibromyalgia athlete immunuehealth stressfree honeybee insects pollen agriculture flowers allregies naturalremedies nature nautral wellbeing antioxidant minerals vegetables seeds dairy meat monthernature amazingcreatures hotchocolate nutritious coconutoil cosy winternights warm herbs sage medicine herbal remedies mothernature haircair anxiety depression naturl plants green onlineblog respect love selflove nourish healthmind healthybody balance beeehealth quotes christmas treats mulledwine festiveseason overindulging december advent healthylifestyle chocolates xmas party endofyear stayfocused immunebooster wintermixture festive whitechristmas sale raspberry red pink jam likeforlike toast pbj peanutbutterandjelly sandwich newyear yolo smart achievements family friends lovedones motivation mentalhealth physicalhealth figuretrim workout newyesr crimbo weightgain kilo metabolism bonebroth bone broth leakygut treatment collagen goodfood greentea matcha latte healthyoptions mornings energy cancerfighting antiaging stevia peanutbuttercup healthyrecipe easter