Top 7 benefits of CoQ10
CoQ10 is short for Coenzyme Q10 is a compound that our body produces naturally and found in some of the foods we eat. (beef, chicken, rainbow trout, sardines, mackerel, sesame seeds, pistachio nuts, broccoli, cauliflower, oranges, strawberries and eggs.) In some cases a supplement form is needed to increase levels of CoQ10 as the food only contain small amounts.
In its active form it goes by the name ubiquinol and it is in every cell of our body with the most concentrated forms in our heart, liver, kidneys and pancreas.
See below for my top 7 benefits of CoQ10
- Treat symptoms of fybromaliga - Supplementing with CoQ10 has shown to help decrease the symptoms associated with fybromaliga.
- Required for our cells to produce ATP energy from the foods we eat.
- Slow down ageing - supplementing with CoQ10 has been shown to help slow down the ageing process on a cellular level, and it’s also a popular ingredient in topical anti ageing products.
- Reduce cognitive decline - CoQ10 may help decrease cognitive decline thanks to it antioxidant properties which reduce oxidative stress.
- Works as an antioxidant protecting our bodies from free radicals and oxidative stress.
- Help improve heart health - more studies are still needed but there is potential for CoQ10 to treat heart problems.
- May be helpful in the treatment and prevention of certain cancers, and increase the effectiveness of the medication.
Always speak to your Doctor before starting a new supplement, especially if you are on existing medication to prevent any contraindications.