A perfect snack to have on the go or when you get that chocolate craving. Packed full of protein, fibre and other healthy nutrients. They can be enjoyed by the whole family.
• 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
• 10 dates (soaked in boiling water for 15minutes)
• 2 tablespoons nut butter ( I used almond butter)
- 1 can of organic cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 scoop of pure whey protein powder (pea protein if you want to keep it vegan)
• 50g raw cacao powder
• 2tsp of milk (I used koko coconut milk)
• Desiccated coconut to roll the balls in.
1. Soak the dates for 15minutes in boiling water to soften them.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a microwave proof bowl.
3. Drain the dates and add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until it
becomes a smooth paste.
4. Have a taste to check if its sweet enough - if not add a little squeeze of agave
5. Scrap mixture our into a bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to set in the fridge
6. Once set, use a teaspoon to scoop out and roll into balls.
7. Adding the desiccated coconut is optional - but does add some extra nutrients and makes them look pretty tasty!
8. Roll the balls in them till covered in the ‘topping’ of your choice.
9. Place in the fridge for another 30minutes before eating.
10. They can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for 1week.
Side note : Even though they are full of goodness - they are high in calories so enjoy in moderation!