Stress is a normal reaction in our body, many things cause us to feel stressed. We all deal with problems differently and are all effected by it differently. We all also de-stress differently.
De-stressing is so important for our wellbeing, if we hold onto the feeling of stress for too long it can have negative effects on our mental and physical health.
tips for de-stressing
- Get outside and go for a long walk to clear your mind. You will be amazed what some fresh air and exercise can do for helping you to feel more relaxed.
- try a yoga class - yoga is an excellent form of exercise to get into the habit of doing regularly. All the different poses and breathing techniques work on relaxing the body and removing tension.
- meditate - learning how to clear your mind, remove unwanted negative thoughts, focus on positivity is a skill and it takes a lot of practice to succeed at. But when you do it will be worth it.
- avoid known stressors - if you know specific places or situations cause you to feel stressed - avoid them! simple
- take a long bath - nothing like a long hot bath to help the body relax and unwind after a stressful day.
- talk to your friends - talking about what its causing you to feel stressed is important. Sometimes when you are feeling overwhelmed by stress you can’t see a clear way out, talking to a close friend who can help put things into perspective for you can help.
- write to-do lists - writing down lists of everything you need to get done can help you feel more organised and less stressed.
- listen to music - listening to your favourite tune can help take your mind off what is causing you stress.
As you can see the list is varied, but they all have one thing in common….focusing on yourself and doing what works for you.