Weekly Tip: 5 Tips for using less single use plastic
With it being ‘Plastic Free July’ I thought I would use this weekly tip to share 5 easy steps you can make to reducing your single use plastic consumption.
It can be pretty hard to try avoid all single use plastic all the time. But by taking on these 5 tips - you will be already making a huge difference and hopefully these 5 changes you will find easy enough to carry on past the month of July!
- Buy a reusable travel mug. Quite a few coffee shops will actually give you a discount if you bring in your own travel mug! Check out the @stojo travel cup available from @sainsburys for £10! It folds away too, so it wont take up much space in your bag!
- Invest in some reusable shopping bags….I love the ones by Bagcu available on amazon.
- Say no to a straw when having a drink….or if you really need one have a look @_finalstraw_ they do great reusable straws!
- Invest in a reusable water bottle, @chillysbottles and @swell do some really cool designs, and the bottles keep your water ice cold for 24hrs! (or hot for 12hrs)
- Start shopping at Farmers markets on the weekend, or by loose vegetables in the supermarket.