Weekly Tip: Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
If you have ever made jam from scratch before you will know how much refined sugar goes into it! This recipe gives you a healthy alternative. The recipe has only natural sugars from the fruit and honey.
- 500g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
If using frozen raspberries - make sure they defrost before starting.
Put the raspberries in a pan on low heat letting them simmer - slowly breaking down. If there is not enough liquid you can add a couple of tablespoons of water. Once raspberries have reached a thick consistency take off the heat and leave for 10-15minutes before stirring in the honey followed by the chia seeds. Pour or spoon into a jar and once cool enough put into the fridge to continue setting.
Not only does this taste delicious on toast - it also works well being added to Greek yoghurt. OR try a delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich using the nut butter recipe added a few months ago.
- Habits - good and bad The definition of HABIT - a settled or regular tendency or practice especially one that is hard to give up. A lot of the time when i meet a client for nutrition consultation and have a look at their food diary i can straight away see what needs to b
- Krystina's Weekly Tip Start your day off with a warm glass of water and table spoon of apple cider vinegar "the mother"
- Weekly Tip: Overnight Oats Quick and simple breakfast that you can prepare the night before.
- Homemade Basil Pesto It goes very well with a courgette dish I make which I will be posted during this month. Great if you are following a low carb diet.