Weekly Tip: Top 5 reasons you should be supplementing with Vitamin D
Now that the days are getting shorter and the sun getting further away from the earth - it couldn't be a better time to start supplementing with Vitamin D. During the warm summer months we are able to produce Vitamin D through sun exposure making it not necessary to supplement with it. I would always recommend getting your vitamin D levels checked by your doctor once a year. This is done by doing a simple blood test.
- Stronger bones - Vitamin D has been shown to increase the absorption of calcium helping prevent brittle bones.
- Helps regulate blood pressure and reduce stress in the body.
- Studies have shown it to slow or prevent the development of cancer.
- Recent studies have show that Vitamin D can reduce the risks of severe asthma attacks.
Every cell in your body needs Vitamin D to function properly.
- Krystina's Weekly Tip Start your day off with a warm glass of water and table spoon of apple cider vinegar "the mother"
- Weekly Tip: Overnight Oats Quick and simple breakfast that you can prepare the night before.
- Homemade Basil Pesto It goes very well with a courgette dish I make which I will be posted during this month. Great if you are following a low carb diet.
- Weekly Tip: Propolis As the temperatures start to drop and we wave goodbye to summer this couldn't be a better time to start supplementing with Propolis.