Home made raw mint chocolate
Following on from my last post on peppermint, I thought I would share a tasty chocolate treat
Containing organic coconut oil which is packed with lauric acid to fight off bacteria and viruses, raw organic cacao which is high in antioxidants, iron, calcium and magnesium and peppermint oil which has been shown to help relax muscle spasms in the colon and stop bloating. These raw chocolate aren't just a tasty treat - but an excellent way to increase your intake of vitamins and minerals.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil (make sure it’s food grade)
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- Optional - add some chopped up nuts and dried fruit
- Warm coconut oil until melted and then add the raw cacao in.
- Stir in the maple syrup and the peppermint oil
- Stir until well mixed
- Add in any extras
- Pour into a silicon mould and leave to set in the fridge for at least 1hour.